Postgraduate course: "Biomechanics - temporary anchorage devices"
Aim: to introduce basic biomechanics of common orthodontic treatments and protocols emphasizing the most modern techniques within the world of skeletal anchorage.
Objectives: to give the participants a sound insight into orthodontic biomechanics and to give them the building stones to be able to understand and improve their treatment plans and techniques in the future.
- To be able to understand and utilize basic and sound biomechanics to build up treatment plans.
- To be able to sketch and construct orthodontic appliances and the biomechanics needed to fulfil treatment objectives.
- To be able to measure and analyze treatment mechanics.
- To be able to evaluate treatment stability and prognoses.
- To be able to identify reasons for side effects and biomechanical problems and to be able rethink and rebuild new treatment strategies